Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 01/03/2017 3:00 PM
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 - 3:00 PM Regular Meeting
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Noriko Kikuchi, Assistant Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 4:00 pm on December 29, 2016.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: DECEMBER 5, 2016
2. PALM SPRINGS PROMENADE, LLC FOR AN AMENDMENT TO THE APPROVED LANDSCAPE AND HARDSCAPE PLANS FOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS WITHIN THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN LOCATED GENERALLY AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF PALM CANYON DRIVE AND TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY, ZONE CBD (CASE NOS. 5.1290 PD-361, 3.3605 MAJ, 3.3606 MAJ, 3.3607 MAJ, 3.3785 MAJ, 3.3908 MAJ AND 3.3948 MAJ). (DN)
3. DTPS A-14, LLC FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO INSTALL A DECORATIVE COVERING ON A PORTION OF THE EAST ELEVATION OF THE BUILDING LOCATED AT 201 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, BLOCK A OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN, ZONE CBD, SECTION 15 (CASE 3.3605 MAA). (DN)
4. SANCHEZ LANDSCAPE, INC., ON BEHALF OF SUNRISE RACQUET CLUB HOA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPLICATION FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF SEVENTEEN (17) DECAYING JACARANDA TREES WITH PALO VERDE ‘DESERT MUSEUM’ ON THE SUNRISE WAY FRONTAGE AT 1200 NORTH SUNRISE WAY, ZONE PD-27 (CASE NO. 3.1060). (NK)
5. CREATIVE DESIGN LANDSCAPE, ON BEHALF OF MESQUITE COUNTRY CLUB HOA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPLICATION FOR THE REMOVAL OF 42,325 SQUARE FEET OF TURF FOR DROUGHT-TOLERANT LANDSCAPE ON THE RAMON ROAD AND FARRELL DRIVE FRONTAGES AT 505 SOUTH FARRELL DRIVE, ZONE PD-153 (CASE NO. 5.0173). (NK)
6. DAKOTA PS, LLC REQUESTING AN AMENDMENT TO AN APPROVED PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT TO REPLACE ONE UNIT WITH A CASITA AND INSTALL A TRAILHEAD AT THE SOUTH END OF THE 6.37-ACRE DEVELOPMENT KNOWN AS “DAKOTA” LOCATED AT 1501 SOUTH BELARDO ROAD, ZONE PD-365, SECTION 22 (CASE 5.1310 PD-365 AMEND). (DN)
7. FREEHOLD COMMUNITIES, LLC, REQUESTING APPROVAL OF FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR AN AMENITY CENTER / CLUBHOUSE FOR MIRALON; A RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 1,150 UNITS LOCATED ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF SAN RAFAEL DRIVE, EAST OF NORTH INDIAN CANYON DRIVE, SOUTH OF THE WHITEWATER RIVER AND WEST OF SUNRISE WAY, ZONE PDD 290, SECTION 35 (CASE 5.0982-PD 290 / TTM 31848). (ER)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, January 17, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.
* * * *