Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 02/21/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: FEBRUARY 6, 2017
2. NEXUS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT, A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION AND TENTATIVE TRACT MAP FOR A TWO PHASE DEVELOPMENT CONSISTING OF (1) REPURPOSING CLASS 1 HISTORIC BUILDINGS ON 3.1-ACRES AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF NORTH CALLE EL SEGUNDO AND EAST TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY AND (2) FORTY-EIGHT ATTACHED RESIDENTIAL UNITS ON 5.6-ACRES LOCATED AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF NORTH CALLE EL SEGUNDO AND EAST ANDREAS ROAD, ZONE RA AND REO, SECTION 14 (CASE NOS. 5.1399 PD-385, 3.3983 MAJ AND TTM 36876). (DN)
3. JMN SERVICES FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT OFFICE / WAREHOUSE / AND RETAIL GARDEN CENTER ON A 1.37-ACRE PARCEL LOCATED AT 710 RESEARCH DRIVE (CASE 3.3999 MAJ). (KL)
4. TRIO RESTAURANT FOR AN ART MURAL APPLICATION ON A COMMERCIAL RESTAURANT BUILDING LOCATED AT 707 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE C-1 (CASE 17-001 MUR). (GM)
5. WELLS FARGO BANK FOR A LANDSCAPE PLAN REVIEW AS A CONDITION OF APPROVAL FOR AN ART MURAL ON THE COMMERCIAL BANK BUILDING LOCATED AT 543 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 16-001 MUR). (GM)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to a Joint Meeting with the Planning Commission at 1:30 pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.