*Click here for archived minutes and videos prior to 9/1/17.
For all past agendas please scroll down.
Architectural Advisory Committee
- Date: 04/03/2017 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: City Council
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Monday, April 3, 2017 - 3:00 PM Regular Meeting
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Glenn Mlaker, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (760) 323-8204.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 2:00 pm on March 30, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MARCH 20, 2017
2. TAHQUITZ CANYON INVESTORS, LLC FOR A PROPOSAL TO REMODEL THE COURTYARD, INCLUDING THE DEMOLITION OF THREE BUILDINGS, CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MULTI-TENANT COMMERCIAL RESTAURANT BUILDINGS AND IMPROVEMENT OF OTHER FAÇADES AND LANDSCAPE AREAS, TO CREATE “THE SCENE IN PALM SPRINGS” AT 601-789 EAST TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY, ZONE REO OF SECTION 14 SPECIFIC PLAN (CASE 5.1407 CUP AND 3.4002 MAJ). (DN)
3. PHILIP J. PRIETO, OWNER, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION, AN ADMINISTRATIVE MINOR MODIFICATION, AND A TENTATIVE TRACT MAP FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A THIRTY (30) UNIT CONDOMINIUM PROJECT LOCATED AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BARISTO ROAD AND HERMOSA DRIVE, ZONE HDR, SECTION 14. (CASES 3.4007 MAJ; 7.1519 AMM; 37245 TTM) (GM)
4. MG2 FOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW OF A STOREFRONT DESIGN AND OUTDOOR SEATING SPACE FOR A PROPOSED TOMMY BAHAMA RESTAURANT LOCATED WITHIN BLOCK C OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN AT 111 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, SUITE 150, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.4014 MAA & LUP 17-017). (DN)
- Plan exhibits added 4.03.17 - Link 1
- Plan exhibits added 4.03.17 - Link 2
- Plan exhibits added 4.03.17 - Link 3
5. GLASSMAN PLANNING ASSOCIATES, INC FOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW OF A STOREFRONT DESIGN AND OUTDOOR SEATING SPACE FOR A PROPOSED STARBUCKS COFFEE LOCATED WITHIN BLOCK C OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN AT 111 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, SUITE 110, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.4010 AND LUP 17-010). (DN)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, April 17, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.
* * * *