Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 05/15/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose C
277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose C,
277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Noriko Kikuchi, Assistant Planner
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 5:00 pm on Thursday, May 11, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MINUTES OF APRIL 1, 2017
2. RACQUETCLUB CENTER REQUESTS AN AMENDMENT TO AN EXISTING SIGN PROGRAM FOR A MULTI-TENANT COMMERCIAL BUILDING LOCATED AT 2500 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE SP 17-001). (NK)
3. BEST SIGNS INC ON BEHALF OF DTPS B-2, LLC TO ESTABLISH A SIGN PROGRAM THAT DEFINES SIGNAGE CRITERIA FOR TENANTS WITHIN THE TWO-STORY BUILDING LOCATED ON BLOCK B OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN, 175 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE SP 17-002). (DN)
4. BEST SIGNS INC ON BEHALF OF DTPS C-15, LLC TO ESTABLISH A SIGN PROGRAM THAT DEFINES SIGNAGE CRITERIA FOR TENANTS WITHIN THE ONE- AND TWO-STORY BUILDING LOCATED ON BLOCK C OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN, 111 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE SP 17-003). (DN)
5. ROSIAN V, LLC FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT (PDD) AND A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A SOUND STAGE AND OUTDOOR MUSIC VENUE AT THE MONROE HOTEL (AKA INFUSION BEACH HOTEL) LOCATED AT 1900 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 5.1409 PDD 387 / 3.864 MAA). (KL)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, June 5, 2017, Convention Center, Primrose C, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs.