Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 06/05/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: Convention Center, Primrose C
277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Palm Springs Convention Center
Primrose C, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
David Newell, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 4:00 pm on Thursday, June 1, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MAY 15, 2017
2. DTPS B-2, LLC FOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW OF A STOREFRONT DESIGN FOR A PROPOSED RETAIL TENANT (JOHNNY WAS) LOCATED WITHIN BLOCK B OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN AT 175 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.3606 MAA). (DN)
3. PALM SPRINGS SAFE ACCESS INC. FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A 36,000-SQUARE FOOT PREFABRICATED GREENHOUSE FOR A MEDICAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION FACILITY AND A 1,440-SQUARE FOOT MODULAR OFFICE BUILDING LOCATED ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF MELISSA LANE AND SOUTH OF 16TH AVENUE, ZONE E-1 (CASE 3.4013-MAJ). (ER)
4. FARUK & PAULA TAYSI FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,495-SQUARE FOOT SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE ON A 13,160-SQUARE FOOT HILLSIDE PARCEL LOCATED AT 678 LA MIRADA ROAD, ZONE R-1-A (CASE 3.4017-MAJ). (ER)
5. DTPS B-2, LLC FOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW OF A STOREFRONT DESIGN AND OUTDOOR SEATING SPACE FOR A PROPOSED RESTAURANT (L’ERREUR BISTRO) LOCATED WITHIN BLOCK B OF THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN AT 175 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, SUITE 145, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.3606 MAA). (DN)
6. DTPS C-15, LLC FOR AN ARCHITECTURAL REVISION TO THE BLOCK C BUILDING WITHIN THE DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS SPECIFIC PLAN, TO INSTALL ACCESS LADDERS ON THE BUILDING LOCATED AT 111 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.3607 MAA). (DN)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, June 19, 2017, Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose C, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs, California.