Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 06/19/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: Convention Center, Primrose C
277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Palm Springs Convention Center
Primrose C, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b) (2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, and 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 4:00 pm on Thursday, June 15, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MAY 15, 2017 AND JUNE 5, 2017
2. ROSINA V, LLC FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT (PDD), AND A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION (MAA) FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A SOUND STAGE AND OUTDOOR MUSIC VENUE AT THE MONROE HOTEL (AKA INFUSION BEACH HOTEL), LOCATED AT 1900 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 5.1409 PDD 387 / 3.865 MAA, ZONE C-1). (KL)
3. TAHQUITZ CANYON INVESTORS, LLC FOR A PROPOSAL TO REMODEL “THE COURTYARD AT PALM SPRINGS” INCLUDING THE DEMOLITION OF THREE BUILDINGS, CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MULTI-TENANT COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS AND IMPROVEMENT OF LANDSCAPE AND HARDSCAPE AREAS AT 601-789 EAST TAHQUITZ CANYON WAY, ZONE REO OF SECTION 14 SPECIFIC PLAN (CASE 3.4002 MAJ). (DN)
4. GEORGE YOUSSEF REQUEST FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A ONE-STORY 4-UNIT APARTMENT BUILDING ON AN UNDEVELOPED 11,400-SQUARE-FOOT PARCEL LOCATED AT 549 EL PLACER, ZONE R-2 (CASE 3.4011-MAJ). (ER)
5. PALM SPRINGS SAFE ACCESS INC. FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A 36,000- SQUARE FOOT PREFABRICATED GREENHOUSE FOR A MEDICAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION FACILITY AND A 1,440-SQUARE FOOT MODULAR OFFICE BUILDING LOCATED ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF MELISSA LANE AND SOUTH OF 16TH AVENUE, ZONE E-1 (CASE 3.4013-MAJ). (ER)
6. WOODBRIDGE PACIFIC GROUP, FOR AN AMENDMENT TO ALLOW MINOR CHANGES TO DESIGN, COLOR, MATERIALS, REDUCTION OF MASSING AND HEIGHTS IN CERTAIN UNITS TO THE PREVIOUSLY APPROVED FINAL PDD PLANS FOR THE CAMERON PROJECT LOCATED AT 850-990 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 5.1056-PDD 314). (ER)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, July 3, 2017, Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose C, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs.