*For all past agendas/minutes please scroll down.
City Council Meeting Agenda and Staff Reports
July 6, 2017
- Date: 07/06/2017 4:00 PM
- Location: Palm Springs Convention Center
277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Primrose C and Primrose B
PALM SPRINGS, California 92262
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Palm Springs Convention Center
Primrose C and Primrose B (See Location Map)
277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs, CA 92262
ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
Robert Moon, Mayor
Ginny Foat, Mayor Pro Tem
Geoff Kors, Councilmember
Chris Mills, Councilmember
J.R. Roberts, Councilmember
City of Palm Springs Mission Statement: Palm Springs is an inclusive world-class city dedicated to providing excellent and responsive public services to enhance the quality of life for current and future generations.
David H. Ready, Esq., Ph.D., City Manager
Kathleen D. Hart, MMC, Interim City Clerk
Marcus L. Fuller, MPA, P.E., P.L.S., Assistant City Manager
Edward Z. Kotkin, City Attorney
Geoffrey S. Kiehl, Director of Finance and Treasurer
Any person who wishes to provide public testimony for an Item on the Agenda MUST file a speaker card prior to the Public Testimony (Non-Public Hearing Agenda Items Only) portion of the meeting. Testimony for Public Hearings will be allowed only during the Public Hearing. [Two (2) minutes per speaker]
Testimony for Public Hearings will only be taken at the time of the hearing. Any person who wishes to speak at a Public Hearing must file a “Speaker Card” with the City Clerk BEFORE the Public Hearing is called. [Two (2) minutes per speaker]
Any person who wishes to speak on a topic not on the agenda within the City’s jurisdiction during the “Public Comments” portion of the agenda must file a “Speaker Card” with the City Clerk BEFORE that portion of the agenda is called. [Two (2) minutes per speaker] Although the City Council values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted agenda.
Please note, any agenda item which has not been initiated by 11:00 p.m. may be continued to a subsequent meeting.
At approximately 10:00 p.m., the City Council will determine the number of speakers who wish to address the City Council during Public Comment for non-Agenda Items, and determine which agenda items will be considered before the 11:00 p.m. Adjournment time.
4:00 P.M. ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER (Primrose C):
ROLL CALL (Primrose C):
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA (Primrose C): The City Council will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, add urgency items, note abstentions or “no” votes on Consent Calendar items, and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion. The City Council may also remove items from the Consent Calendar prior to that portion of the Agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (Primrose C): Pursuant to the Brown Act public comment is limited to
Item No. 1 that appears on the Adjourned Regular Meeting Agenda. Two (2) minutes assigned for each speaker.
1. INTERVIEW AND APPOINT APPLICANTS TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION AND HISTORIC SITE PRESERVATION BOARD (HSPB), AS PART OF THE 2017 ANNUAL RECRUITMENT: (Primrose C)
(Interviews are scheduled from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
1) Interview applicants for the Planning Commission.
2) Interview applicants for the HSPB.
3) Appoint two members to the Planning Commission for terms ending June 30, 2020, and appoint two members to the HSPB for terms ending June 30, 2020.
Recess at 6:30 p.m.
Reconvene at 7:00 p.m. in Primrose B
PUBLIC COMMENTS (Primrose B): Pursuant to the Brown Act, public comment is limited to Item No. 2 that appears on the Adjourned Regular Meeting Agenda. Two (2) minutes assigned for each speaker.
2. DISCUSSION ON A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH PS COUNTRY CLUB, LLC, RELATED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SERENA PARK PROJECT; CASE 5.1327, PDD-366/MAJ, TTM36691: (Primrose B)
1) Discuss the terms of a Development Agreement between the City of Palm Springs and PS Country Club, LLC, a California limited liability company.
2) Direct staff to prepare a Development Agreement and related Density Transfer Agreement for City Council consideration on July 19, 2017.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS (Primrose B):
ADJOURNMENT (Primrose B): The City Council will adjourn to the next regular meeting Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. preceded by Closed Session at the Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose B, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros, Palm Springs.