Architectural Advisory Committee
- Date: 09/05/2017 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Council Chamber
3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:00 PM Regular Meeting
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Glenn Mlaker, Associate Planner
Noriko Kikuchi, Assistant Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
4. LEGACY PALM SPRINGS, LLC, OWNER, PROPOSING DEVELOPMENT OF A 114-BED ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY WITH ACCESSORY COMMERCIAL USES ON A 1.43-ACRE LOT LOCATED AT 1000 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE PDD 357, (CASE 5.1237 MAJ). (KL)
5. BLACKHAUS HOTELS, LLC TO CONSTRUCT A SIXTEEN ROOM HOTEL ON A 0.63-ACRE SITE LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF CALLE ENCILIA, APPROXIMATELY 250 FEET SOUTH OF SATURNINO ROAD (421 SOUTH CALLE ENCILIA), ZONE LSC OF THE SECTION 14 SPECIFIC PLAN (CASE 5.1424 CUP AND 3.4047 MAJ). (DN)
6. SAINTS MICHAEL AND GABRIEL ROMANIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH TO MODIFY A PORTION OF AN EXISTING MULTI-TENANT BUILDING, INSTALLING A GABLED ROOF, CUPOLA AND OTHER ARCHITECTURAL EMBELLISHMENTS AT AN EXISTING RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION LOCATED AT 590 VELLA ROAD, ZONE M-1 (CASE 3.3684 MAA). (DN)
7. REQUEST BY BEST SIGNS, INC., ON BEHALF OF HUNTINGTON GARDENS, LLC., FOR AN AMENDMENT TO AN EXISTING SIGN PROGRAM FOR THE SUNRISE CENTER, A MULTI-TENANT SHOPPING CENTER, LOCATED AT 100-186 SOUTH SUNRISE WAY, ZONE PD (CASE SP 17-007). (NK)
8. ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
8B. VICE CHAIR
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, September 18, 2017, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.
Agenda: 9-05-17 AAC Agenda - Final
* * * *