Historic Site Preservation Board
- Date: 02/13/2018 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Large Conference Room, City of Palm Springs
3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
HISTORIC SITE PRESERVATION BOARD
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Large Conference Room, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:00 AM Regular Meeting
Gary Johns, Chair
Dick Burkett, Vice Chair
Bill La Voie
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, RA, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: The agenda for this meeting was posted for public review at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter in accordance with applicable law.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Historic Site Preservation Board will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Historic Site Preservation Board on agenda items and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Historic Site Preservation Board values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted agenda. There will be three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker. Testimony for Public Hearings will be taken at the time of the hearing.
1. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1.A. (NONE) (Minutes of the January 2018 HSPB meeting will be provided at the March HSPB meeting.)
2. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Open the public hearing and take testimony.
2. Close the public hearing and adopt Resolution HSPB 110: “A RESOLUTION OF THE HISTORIC SITE PRESERVATION BOARD OF THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA, RECOMMENDING THAT THE CITY COUNCIL DESIGNATE “THE WILLIAM HOLDEN RESIDENCE” LOCATED AT 1323 SOUTH DRIFTWOOD DRIVE AS CLASS 1 HISTORIC SITE HSPB #110, SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS.”
2.B. AN AMENDMENT TO THE CLASS 1 HISTORIC SITE DESIGNATION FOR “THE OASIS HOTEL” TO INCORPORATE THE OASIS HOTEL DINING HALL, LOCATED AT 211-219 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, AND THE COMMERCIAL STOREFRONT AND CASITA BUILDINGS, LOCATED AT 121 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, DESIGNED BY MASTER ARCHITECT LLOYD WRIGHT, ZONE CBD, (CASE HSPB #10 AMND). (KL)
1. Open the public hearing and take testimony.
2. Close the public hearing and adopt resolution HSPB 10-AMND: “A RESOLUTION OF THE HISTORIC SITE PRESERVATION BOARD OF THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA, RECOMMENDING THAT THE CITY COUNCIL AMEND THE CLASS 1 HISTORIC SITE DESIGNATION FOR “THE OASIS HOTEL” TO INCORPORATE THE OASIS HOTEL DINING HALL LOCATED AT 211-219 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, AND THE COMMERCIAL STOREFRONT AND CASITA BUILDINGS LOCATED AT 121 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, DESIGNED BY MASTER ARCHITECT LLOYD WRIGHT ZONE CBD, (CASE HSPB #10 AMND).”
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
3.A. A CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL REQUEST BY THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS FOR STABILIZATION AND REHABILITATION OF THE CORNELIA WHITE RESIDENCE, A CLASS 1 HISTORIC SITE LOCATED AT THE VILLAGE GREEN PARK (221 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE), HSPB #4, (ZONE CBD) AND A CATEGORICAL EXEMPTION PURSUANT TO CEQA. (KL)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve subject to conditions.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
RECOMMENDATION: Approve certificate of approval request.5. DISCUSSIONS:
5.A. 2018 NATIONAL PRESERVATION MONTH SYMPOSIUM.
5.B. HSPB PARTICIPATION AT THE CITYWIDE ONE-PS NEIGHBORHOOD PICNIC. (KL)
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Historic Site Preservation Board will adjourn to its regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 9:00 A.M, in the Large Conference Room at City Hall.
* * * *