Parks and Recreation - Subcommittee Meeting
- Date: 01/16/2019 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Location: Large conference room at City Hall
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
January 16, 2019 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
LES YOUNG, COMMISSION CHAIR
David Cohan Charles La Morte
Carolina De La Torre
The City of Palm Springs Vision Statement: Palm Springs aspires to be a unique world-class desert community, where residents and visitors enjoy our high quality of life and a relaxing experience. We desire to balance our cultural and historical resources with responsible, sustainable economic growth and enhance our natural desert beauty. We are committed to providing responsive, friendly and efficient customer service in an environment that fosters unity among all our citizens.
Complete Parks and Recreation Commission agenda packets are available for inspection at the Parks and Recreation Department’s Administrative Office, 401 South Pavilion Way, and the City Clerk’s Office, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. The Agenda is available on the City’s website at www.palmspringsca.gov. Copies of agenda and reports are available upon request by calling 323-8272.
Pursuant to G.C. Section 54957.5, the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the public meeting of the Parks and Recreation Commission is the Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Palm Springs Leisure Center, located at 401 South Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, California.
Parks and Recreation Commission Meetings are re-broadcast (following the Meeting on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. and Monday at 2:30 p.m. on PSCTV Channel 17).
11:00 A.M. SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING
Please note the venue for the Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting
Meeting will be held at City Hall, Large Conference Room,
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
- CALL TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address Parks and Recreation Commission on agenda items and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Although the Commission values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
V. DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION ITEMS:
- DISCUSSION ON FORMATION OF PARKS & RECREATION HIKING SUBCOMMITTEE: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON HIKING SUBCOMMITTEE’S PURPOSE, MISSION & GOALS: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON COMMISSIONERS’ ROLES ON SUBCOMMITTEE AND SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIR, IF NECESSARY: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON INVENTORY OF HIKING TRAILS AND RESOURCES IN PALM SPRINGS: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON AN INVITATION FOR INTERESTED HIKING STAKEHOLDERS AND HOW TO DISCUSS ISSUES WITH THEM : Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON OUTLINING ANY ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED, SUCH AS SIGNAGE, TRASH, PARKING, ANIMALS/PETS, WILDLIFE, ETC.: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON WHAT IS WORKING WELL AND IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON WHETHER OR NOT THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS SHOULD PROMOTE ITS HIKING RESOURCES AND EXPERIENCES: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON WHO SHOULD COORDINATE HIKING TRAIL RESOURCES, USAGE AND MAINTENANCE, WITH THE AGUA CALIENTE BAND OF CAHUILLA INDIANS: Direct staff as appropriate.
- DISCUSSION ON CURRENT SAFETY AND RESCUE RESOURCES FOR TRAIL USERS: Direct staff as appropriate.
VI. ADJOURNMENT: The Parks and Recreation Commission will adjourn to the next regular meeting on Monday, January 28, 2019, at 4:30 P.M., City Hall Large Conference Room, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
State of California )
County of Riverside ) ss.
City of Palm Springs )
I, Janet Burns, Senior Secretary, Department of Parks and Recreation of the City of Palm Springs, California, hereby certifies that this Agenda of the Palm Springs Parks and Recreation Commission Board, was posted at or before 5:00 p.m., Thursday, January 10, 2019, and posted on the City’s website as required by established policies and procedures.
______________________________________________ Janet Burns, Senior Secretary