Parks & Recreation Special Meeting Agenda
- Date: 03/02/2019 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Four Season Lodge
3800 Four Seasons Blvd,
Palm Springs, California 92262
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
9:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m.
Les Young, Chair
Travis Armstrong Jody Diaz
Alan Bowley Ellen Goodman
David Cohan Charles La Morte
Johnny Coladonato Miguel Navarro, Vice-Chair
Carolina De La Torre Trent Pace
The City of Palm Springs Vision Statement: Palm Springs aspires to be a unique world-class desert community, where residents and visitors enjoy our high quality of life and a relaxing experience. We desire to balance our cultural and historical resources with responsible, sustainable economic growth and enhance our natural desert beauty. We are committed to providing responsive, friendly and efficient customer service in an environment that fosters unity among all our citizens.
David H. Ready, City Manager
Marcus Fuller, Assistant City Manager
Cynthia Alvarado-Crawford, Director
Jasmine Waits, Special Events Manager
Janet Burns, Senior Secretary
Complete Parks and Recreation Commission agenda packets are available for inspection at the Parks and Recreation Department’s Administrative Office, 401 South Pavilion Way, and the City Clerk’s Office, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. The Agenda is available on the City’s website at www.palmspringsca.gov. Copies of agenda and reports are available upon request by calling 323-8265.
Pursuant to G.C. Section 54957.5, the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the public meeting of the Parks and Recreation Commission is the Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Palm Springs Leisure Center, located at 401 South Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, California.
Parks and Recreation Commission Meetings are re-broadcast (following the Meeting on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. and Monday at 2:30 p.m. on PSCTV Channel 17).
9:00 SPECIAL MEETING
Please note the venue for the Parks and Recreation Commission Special
Meeting will be held at the Four Seasons Lodge, 3800 Four Seasons Blvd,
Palm Springs, CA 92262
- CALL TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL/ REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA:
- PUBLIC COMMENT: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address Parks and Recreation Commission on agenda items and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission.Although the Commission values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted agenda.Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
- WELCOME AND OPENING REMARKS: Chair Young, Mayor Pro Tem Kors
III. DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION ITEMS:
- DISCUSSION ON HISTORY OF THE COMMISSION:
- DISCUSSION ON RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- DISCUSSION ON COMMISSION’S SCOPE OF WORK, E.G., ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, COMMISSION FOCUS, COMMISSION GOALS:
- DISCUSSION ON MASTER PLAN:
- DISCUSSIONS IN ADHOC SUBCOMMITTEE GROUPS:
- DISCUSSION ON DEVELOPING PRIORITIES AND COMPLETION OF PROJECTS:
IX. REPORTS AND REQUESTS.
- Commissioner Comments:This portion of the meeting is set aside for brief general comments, and/or issues or concerns from members of the Commission and/or items for future meetings.
- Staff Updates:
X . ADJOURNMENT: The Parks and Recreation Commission will adjourn to the next regular meeting on Monday, March 25, 2019 at 4:30 P.M., City Hall Large Conference Room, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.