Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 03/18/2019 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: City Hall, Large Conference Room
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Large Conference Room, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Tom Jakway, Chair
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Noriko Kikuchi, Associate Planner
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 5:00 pm on Thursday, March 14, 2019.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MARCH 4, 2019
2. MICHAEL FLANNERY FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS OF AN EXISTING TWO-STORY OFFICE / COMMERCIAL BUILDING LOCATED AT 750 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE C-1/R-3, SECTION 10 (CASE NO. 3.3795-MAA). (ER)
3. STUDIO AR & D ARCHITECTS, INC., ON BEHALF OF THE MANAGEMENT TRUST, FOR MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPROVAL TO ALTER THE EXISTING 23,182-SQUARE-FOOT LANDSCAPE AT THE 48 @ BARISTO CONDOMINIUM COMPLEX LOCATED AT 1498 EAST BARISTO ROAD, HR (CASE NO. 3.2272). (NK)
4. PINNACLE PALM SPRINGS, LLC, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,224-SQUARE FOOT HOUSE ON A HILLSIDE LOT LOCATED AT 1747 PINNACLE POINT (LOT 7), ZONE PDD 79 (CASE 3.4095 MAJ). (GM)
Case 3.4095-Oversized Exhibits, part 2
Case 3.4095-Oversized Exhibits, part 3
5. AUSTIN TODD ON BEHALF OF CALIFORNIA ORGANICS FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO RENOVATE AN EXISTING 5,044-SQUARE FOOT TWO-STORY INDUSTRIAL BUILDING FOR A CANNABIS CULTIVATION FACILITY LOCATED AT 695 SOUTH WILLIAMS ROAD, ZONE M-1, SECTION 33 (CASE 5.1440 CUP). (ER)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, April 1, 2019, Large Conference Room, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.