Domestic Partnership & Marriage Ceremonies

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Municipal Domestic Partnership

Pursuant to Chapter 2.45 of the Palm Springs Municipal Code, the City Clerk's Office administers the Municipal Domestic Partnership Program.  Domestic partners, who meet the qualifications of a domestic partnership under this chapter may make an official record of the domestic partnership by completing, signing, and submitting to the City Clerk, on the form prescribed by the City Clerk, a "Statement of Domestic Partnership" stating that they meet the requirements of the chapter.

A domestic partnership is terminated when 1) one partner dies or is married, 2) the partners no longer have a common residence, or 3) one partner gives written notice by certified mail of  termination. Upon the occurrence of such event, at least one former partner shall file with the City Clerk a statement of termination of domestic partnership.

To learn more about the program, contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 323-8204.

Marriage Ceremonies

Any couple wishing to have a marriage ceremony in Palm Springs performed by Mayor Robert Moon can call the Office of the Mayor and City Council to setup an appointment at (760) 323-8200. However, marriage licenses must be issued by the County of Riverside or any other county in the state of California.

In addition, couples have the ability to get married at the Riverside County Clerk's Office in Palm Desert, 38686 El Cerrito Road. For more information or to make an appointment in Palm Desert, contact
(760) 863-8732.