|David H. Ready,
3200 E Tahquitz Canyon Way
Phone: (760) 322-8362
Fax: (760) 323-8207
Welcome to the City of Palm Springs! Thank you for visiting us at our website. It was designed with you in mind - whether a Palm Springs resident, a "future resident," or a visitor - to allow you access to City information in an easy to navigate site.
At City Hall, we are very proud of our community and strive to provide superior customer service. Quality of life issues shape our goals and policy initiatives as we look to continuously improve our city and community.
Please feel free to call me at (760) 322-8350 with any concerns you may have, or just to say hello. I'm interested in your opinions about city government and how we may better serve you.
If you are a Palm Springs resident, I look forward to meeting you. If you are a visitor, on behalf of all of us at City Hall, we look forward to welcoming you to Palm Springs on your next visit.
Since 1994, Palm Springs has been governed as a charter city, and operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The Council-Manager form is a system of local government that combines the strong political leadership of elected officials in the form of a council or other governing body, with the strong managerial experience of an appointed local government manager. Other appointed officers are the City Attorney and City Clerk.
The City Manager serves as Chief Executive Officer of the City and the Executive Director of the Redevelopment Agency. He serves as an advisor to the City Council on policy items impacting the community and the City organization. The City Manager appoints the City's department heads and is responsible for ensuring that city services are performed to the highest standard in accordance with Council policies. The City Manager is responsible for the submission of the City's budget and implementation in support of City Council goals.
- Implement policy direction of the City Council
- Administer the affairs of the City and direct staff in the implementation of the City Council's policies
- Oversee the proper application and enforcement of City laws and ordinances
- Provide overall daily supervision, management and direction to City departments
- Build and maintain relationships with City employees, as well as meet and confer with the six established employee bargaining units
- Maintain an open environment which encourages residents and business input on City operations and programs
- Maintain effective management relationships with surrounding city, county, state and federal agencies
- Coordinate and provide timely and accurate information to the public and media regarding City events and activities
- Promote organizational effectiveness and greater customer satisfaction through citywide implementation of Team Palm Springs
Cindy Cairns, Executive Services Administrator