Recent News - Has Moved
For recent news, updates and press, please click on the Recent News tab on the left menu.
Ordinance No. 1918 Tool Kit
To help individual owner operators and vacation rental agencies transition to the new ordinance, we have provided the documents below. While the Ordinance No. 1918 is going to take effect on April 16, 2017 the different components of the ordinance will be enforced in phases. This will allow individual operators and vacation rental agencies time to incorporate the ordinance requirements into their operations. The below forms may change as the phases of the ordinance are implemented.
- Implementation Plan - Ordinance No. 1918 - Click Here
- Statement of Rules and Regulations - Click Here
- Good Neighbor Brochure Click Here
- Ordinance No.1918 - Click Here
- Ordinance No.1918 FAQ's - Click Here
- Homeowner Certificate Application (annual fee of $900) - Click Here for Application
City of Palm Springs
Vacation Rental / Event House Outreach Program
In order to improve communications between neighbors,
the City has established a call line, or 'hotline', if you need to register a complaint
about a vacation rental home or event house in your neighborhood.
The Vacation Rental Hotline Number is (760) 833-7988
In a non-emergency situation, such as a noise complaint,
we ask that you call this number instead of calling the police.
It is important that you call during the event
so that we may respond in a timely manner.
We invite your calls, and ask that you provide the address of
the property in question.
It can be helpful if you allow our City responder access to your yard to get a better reading of what is occurring, but it is not required.
If you would like a call back after we assess and resolve the matter, please let the Hotline know.
For the public's information, Hotline complaints and responses are published each week for the prior week - Please see Vacation Rental Department Reports section below.
Applying for a Vacation Rental Permit:
In order to establish a new vacation rental property, you must complete the following:
- Transient Occupancy Tax Permit, including for Home-sharing (a one-time $25 fee) -
Click Here for Application
- Homeowner Certificate Application (yearly fee of $900) - Click Here for Application
- Please note there is a 45 day application waiting period. Renting or advertising is prohibited.
- Home-sharing Certificate Application (yearly fee of $225) - Click Here for Application
- Submit both applications, payment and a copy of a valid Government ID or Driver's License
- If your unit is subject to homeowner's association (HOA), you must provide approval letter from the HOA board of directors or HOA property management company stating you are not violating CC&R's by operating a short term vacation rental. Copies of CC&R's are not acceptable.
Closing a Vacation Rental Permit:
In order to close a vacation rental property TOT permit and vacation rental certificate, the owner must complete the following:
- Owner Form to Close Permit and Vacation Rental Certificate - Click Here
Important Vacation Rental Information:
There is no outside amplified noise (i.e., music) allowed at any Short Term Vacation Rental property while being rented. It must be fully contained within the property at all times.
Parking - Total vehicle allowed is based on number of bedrooms at a vacation rental property. See the chart below.
Occupancy and parking limits are based on the number of bedrooms at property. See the chart below.
Property Management Agencies:
Please contact Amanda McWilliams (760) 323-8257.
- Letter Regarding Certificate Fee Increase (December 5, 2016)
- Notice Regarding Advertisements for Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Good Neighbor Brochure
- Palm Springs Disposal Service
- FAQ Short Term Vacation Rental
Transient Occupancy Tax Resources:
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Municipal Code
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Permit Application
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Monthly Return Form
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Information Sheet
Home-sharing Documents & Resources:
- FAQ - Home-sharing
- ADMIN REG - Home-sharing
- Home-sharing Fees Resolutions
- Home-sharing TOT Information Sheet
Vacation Rental Compliance Citation:
The City of Palm Springs contracts with Data Ticket, Inc., for management of Vacation Rental Compliance citations. For information on your administrative citation or to pay your citation fee, please contact the Citation Processing Center at the link below.
City of Palm Springs
Administrative Citation Program
P.O. Box 7275
Newport Beach, CA 92658-7275
1 (800) 969-6158
If you wish to appeal your administrative citation, you may download the appeal form here. You must pay the citation fee and file the appeal within 15 days of the citation date. Please return your completed appeal form to Data Ticket's Citation Processing Center as directed on the appeal form. Please do not return your appeal form to the City of Palm Springs. To use Data Ticket's online service you will need your citation number and citation date.
Vacation Rental Department Reports - Please click here
Vacation Rental Internet Fraud Advisory - Please Click Here
Amanda McWilliams - firstname.lastname@example.org (760) 323-8257
Boris Stark - email@example.com (760) 322-8370
Suzanne Severin - firstname.lastname@example.org (760) 322-8372