Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 12/07/2015 3:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Gary Fredricks, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sean Lockyer, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, Associate Planner
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
David Newell, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 10 am, Thursday, December 3, 2015.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: NOVEMBER 23, 2015
2. RIC GRENELL & MATTHEW LASHEY, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,857-SQUARE FOOT HOUSE ON A HILLSIDE LOT AND AN ADMINISTRATIVE MINOR MODIFICATION REQUESTING AN INCREASE IN BUILDING HEIGHT LOCATED AT 141 RIDGE MOUNTAIN DRIVE, ZONE R-1-A-H (CASE 3.3921 MAJ). (GM)
3. DENLAR, LLC FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION PROPOSING A 2,772-SQUARE FOOT SINGLE-FAMILY HOME ON A HILLSIDE LOT LOCATED AT 2110 NORTH LEONARD ROAD, ZONE R-1-B (CASE 3.3817 MAJ). (KL)
4. COCO CABANA HOA FOR A FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO REPLACE TURF WITH DESERT LANDSCAPING ALONG THE STREET FRONTAGE AT 1881 SOUTH ARABY DRIVE, ZONE RGA(6) (CASE 3.0814 MAA). (DN)
5. BRIAN AND LISA EBERHART FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A 2,313-SQUARE FOOT, SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE ON A VACANT HILLSIDE LOT LOCATED AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF CARDILLO AVENUE AND CABRILLO ROAD, ZONE R-1-C (CASE 3.3922 MAJ AND 7.1487 AMM). (DN)
6. SUNSHINE VILLAS HOA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONVERT 30,685-SQUARE FEET OF TURF AREA TO DESERTSCAPE ALONG EAST RAMON ROAD FOR THE COMPLEX LOCATED AT 2155 EAST RAMON ROAD. (GM)
7. PALM SPRINGS PROMENADE, LLC FOR AN AMENDMENT TO A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO MODIFY A PREVIOUSLY APPROVED MIXED-USE BUILDING TO ALLOW RESIDENTIAL USES, ADDITIONAL FLOOR SPACE AND CERTAIN ARCHITECTURAL CHANGES, INCLUDING MODIFIED BUILDING HEIGHTS, ON BLOCK C OF THE MUSEUM MARKET PLAZA (DOWNTOWN PALM SPRINGS) SPECIFIC PLAN, LOCATED ALONG THE WESTERLY FRONTAGE OF PALM CANYON DRIVE, SOUTH OF (NEW) MAIN STREET, ZONE CBD (CASE 3.3607 MAJ). (DN)
8. ARRIVE HOTEL REQUESTING A SIGN PROGRAM CONSISTING OF ONE MAIN HOTEL SIGN AND TWO SIGNS FOR ACCESSORY RETAIL USES LOCATED AT 1551 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE (CASE 15-004). (FF)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, January 4, 2016, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.