Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 01/04/2016 3:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Gary Fredricks, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sean Lockyer, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Planning Department, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Planning Department. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 2:00 pm on Wednesday, December 30, 2015.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: December 7, 2015
2. SUNSHINE VILLAS HOA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONVERT 30,685-SQUARE FEET OF TURF AREA TO DESERTSCAPE ALONG EAST RAMON ROAD FOR THE COMPLEX LOCATED AT 2155 EAST RAMON ROAD (CASE 3.1236 MAA). (GM)
Exhibits - part 1
Exhibits - part 2
Exhibits - part 3
3. SUNRISE ALEJO HOA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONVERT 85,000-SQUARE FEET OF TURF AREA TO DESERTSCAPE ALONG NORTH SUNRISE WAY AND AROUND RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS FOR THE COMPLEX LOCATED AT 700 NORTH SUNRISE WAY (CASE 3.1132 MAA). (GM)
4. SUMMIT LAND PARTNERS REQUEST FOR A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT AND A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF 92 SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCES ON SMALL LOTS ON 13.28 ACRES OF VACANT LAND LOCATED AT THE SOUTH WEST CORNER OF EAST PALM CANYON DRIVE AND MATTHEW DRIVE, ZONE R-3, SECTION 30 (CASE 5.1384-PDD-381/3.3902-MAJ). (ER)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, January 19, 2016, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.