Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 10/21/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Large Conference Room
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Large Conference Room, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Tom Jakway, Chair
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Ken Lyon, Historic Preservation Officer
Noriko Kikuchi, Associate Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 12:00 pm on October 17, 2019.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
2. EDDIE EDWARDS, ON BEHALF OF WCR HOLDINGS, LLC (DBA AVALON PAIN SOLUTIONS, INC.), OWNER, PROPOSING ALTERATIONS TO “HARLOW HAVEN”, A CLASS 1 HISTORIC SITE LOCATED AT 175 EAST EL ALAMEDA STREET (APN: 505-285-012) AND “THE CRAWFORD APARTMENTS” A CLASS 3 HISTORIC SITE AND CONTRIBUTOR TO THE LAS PALMAS BUSINESS HISTORIC DISTRICT (“LPBHD”), LOCATED AT 855 NORTH INDIAN CANYON DRIVE, ZONE R-3 (CASE 3.906 MAA). (KL)
3. O2 ARCHITECTURE, ON BEHALF OF CAYUCOS COWBOYS, LLC, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT A 3,695 SQUARE-FOOT SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE (STAPLETON RESIDENCE) ON AN UNDEVELOPED HILLSIDE PARCEL LOCATED AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF NORTH LEONARD ROAD AND WEST VIA OLIVERA (LOT 20 – APN: 504-182-007), ZONE R-1-B (CASE NO. 3.4136 MAJ). (NK)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, November 4, 2019, Large Conference Room, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.