2020 Homeless Point-In-Time (PIT) Count
- Date: 01/29/2020 5:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Palm Springs City Hall - Council Chambers
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, 92262
The Point-In-Time (PIT) Homeless Street Count is an effort to learn more about the individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Riverside County and throughout the entire country. In order to accomplish local and federal goals toward ending homelessness, we first need to know who is experiencing homelessness, where they are, and better understand the factors surrounding their housing crisis.
JOIN US: On Wednesday, January 29 for our 2020 Point in Time Count and make a difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness in Palm Springs.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to take part in this year’s count:
- Own a Smart Phone.
- Be able to walk up to two hours in order to canvas for unsheltered individuals.
- Take part in online or in-person training.
- Must be 18-years or older. Teens ages 16-18-years-old may take part if accompanied by an adult.
In-person training will take place on the following days:
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Council Chamber at Palm Springs City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Council Chamber at Palm Springs City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way.
Register here: www.rivcoexchange.com