Architectural Advisory Committee
- Date: 01/06/2020 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Large Conference Room, City Hall
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Large Conference Room, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Monday, January 6, 2020 3:00 PM Regular Meeting
Tom Jakway, Chair
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
David A. Newell, AICP, Principal
Rick Minjares, Engineering Associate
Noriko Kikuchi, Associate Planner
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Alex Perez, Assistant Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: DECEMBER 2, 2019
2. STEFAN LOY FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW 1,000 SQUARE-FOOT ARTIST STUDIO ADDITION AND A 400 SQUARE-FOOT CARPORT ON AN EXISTING SINGLE-FAMILY PARCEL LOCATED AT 2240 EAST SMOKEWOOD AVENUE, ZONE R-1-B (CASE NO. 3.4141 MAJ). (AP).
3. PINNACLE PALM SPRINGS, LLC, FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,383-SQUARE FOOT HOUSE ON A HILLSIDE LOT LOCATED AT 1731 PINNACLE POINT (LOT 3), ZONE PDD 79 (CASE NO. 3.4149 MAJ). (GM)
4. JUNORA BRANES OF GARY WANG & ASSOCIATES, INC., ON BEHALF OF THE 1987 RUDERMAN FAMILY TRUST AND THE 1989 SACK FAMILY TRUST, TO PAINT THE EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS AND INSTALL EXTERIOR LIGHTING FIXTURES AT THE KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN (KFC) RESTAURANT LOCATED AT 725 SOUTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE C-2, SECTION 22 (CASE NO. 3.3417 MAA). (NK)
5. DAVID NAVARRO OF CONSERVE LANDCARE, ON BEHALF OF SUNRISE EAST HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION, INC., FOR MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPROVAL TO CONVERT 20,000 SQUARE FEET OF TURF TO DESERT LANDSCAPE AT THE SUNRISE EAST CONDOMINIUM COMPLEX LOCATED AT 2251 EAST MESQUITE AVENUE, PD-38, SECTION 24 (CASE NO. 3.1313). (NK)
6. BRANDON MCCURLEY, ON BEHALF OF PARKER PALM SPRINGS, LLC., FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPLICATION TO CONSTRUCT THIRTEEN (13) DETACHED BUILDINGS FOR THIRTY-TWO (32) HOTEL UNITS AND ACCESSORY USES WITH A MAXIMUM HEIGHT NOT TO EXCEED TWO (2)-STORIES, TWO (2) PARKING LOTS, AND LANDSCAPING IN THE 3.7-ACRE UNDEVELOPED PORTION OF THE PARKER PALM SPRINGS PROPERTY LOCATED AT 4200 EAST PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE PDD 58, SECTION 30 (CASE NO. 3.2451 MAJ). (NK)
(Case No. 3.2451 MAJ- Revised Exhibits, Part 1
Part 2, Revised Exhibits
Part 3, Revised Exhibits
Part 4, Revised Exhibits
Part 5, Revised Exhibits
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, January 21, 2020, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.