Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 02/03/2020 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: City Hall, Large Conference Room
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon WAy
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Large Conference Room, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Tom Jakway, Chair
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
David A. Newell, AICP, Principal Planner
Rick Minjares, Engineering Associate
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss
the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: JANUARY 21, 2020
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: NONE.
2. CROWN CASTLE (AT&T WIRELESS) FOR A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT TO CONSTRUCT A WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS FACILITY CONSISTING OF A FIFTY-FIVE FOOT TALL MONOPOLE AND A VARIANCE TO EXCEED THE MAXIMUM ANTENNA HEIGHT WITHIN THE RIM ROCK SHOPPING CENTER LOCATED AT 4711 EAST PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CDN, SECTION 30 (CASE NO. 5.1227 CUP). (GM)
3. GABRIEL LUJAN ON BEHALF OF OG ARABIAN NIGHTS FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO RENOVATE AN EXISTING 2,466-SQUARE FOOT TWO-STORY COMMERCIAL BUILDING FOR A CANNABIS LOUNGE LOCATED AT 232 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD, SECTION 15 (CASE 3.4150). (ER)
4. MIKE STORINO ON BEHALF OF IKANIC - CANNUS, INC. FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO RENOVATE AN EXISTING 3,191-SQUARE FOOT INDUSTRIAL BUILDING FOR A CANNABIS LOUNGE AND DISPENSARY FACILITY LOCATED AT 508 INDUSTRIAL WAY, ZONE CM, SECTION 23 (CASE 3.1112-MAA). (ER)
5. SIMON CRE SUMMIT III, LLC, REPRESENTING 7-ELEVEN CORPORATION FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,071-SQUARE FOOT CONVENIENCE STORE AND FUELING STATION LOCATED AT 2444 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE C-1, SECTION 3 (CASE 3.4148 MAJ & 5.1498 CUP). (GM)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.