Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 02/18/2020 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Tom Jakway, Chair (excused)
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
David Newell, AICP, Principal Planner
Rick Minjares, Engineering Associate
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Alex Perez, Assistant Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: FEBRUARY 3, 2020
2. SB NEW HEIGHTS, LLC (DBA: THE ROW HOUSE) REQUESTING A REVIEW OF WINDOW TREATMENT FOR A CANNABIS LOUNGE WITHIN THE RACQUET CLUB SHOPPING CENTER LOCATED AT 2500 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, UNITS D1/D4, ZONE C-1 (CASE 3.2090 MAA & 7.1592 AMM). (GM)
3. AT&T WIRELESS MOBILITY FOR A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT TO CONSTRUCT A WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS FACILITY CONSISTING OF A FIFTY-FOUR FOOT (54’) TALL MONOPALM AND A VARIANCE TO EXCEED THE MAXIMUM ANTENNA HEIGHT WITHIN THE INDIAN CANYONS GOLF RESORT LOCATED AT 1097 EAST MURRAY CANYON DRIVE, ZONE W (CASE NO. 5.1486 CUP). (AP)
4. NEW CHURCH II, LLC FOR A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION AND CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT TO RENOVATE THE EXISTING HISTORIC CHURCH AND ORCHID TREE BUNGALOWS FOR ADAPTIVE RE-USE AND DEMOLISH PORTIONS OF THE SITE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF A HOTEL WITH ACCESSORY SPA, RESTAURANT AND MEETING SPACE ON A 3.65-ACRE SITE LOCATED AT 222 S. CAHUILLA ROAD, ZONE R-3, SECTION 15 (CASE 5.1345 CUP, HSPB 23, HSPB 72 & 3.0678 MAJ). (DN)
Item 4_Over-sized Plans_Part 2
Item 4_Over-sized Plans_Part 3
Item 4_Over-sized Plans_Part 4
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS: