Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 05/18/2020 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, this meeting may be conducted by teleconference and there will be no in-person public access to the meeting location.
• Submit your public comment to the Architectural Advisory Committee electronically. Material may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Transmittal prior to the start of the meeting is required. Any correspondence received during or after the meeting will be distributed to the Architectural Advisory Committee and retained for the official record.
• You may provide telephonic comments by calling Planning Services at (760) 323-8245 by no later than 5:30 p.m. to be added to the public comment queue. At the appropriate time, a staff member will call you so that you may provide your public testimony to the Architectural Advisory Committee.
• View the Architectural Advisory Committee meeting live at the City’s website www.palmspringsca.gov/pstv, YouTube, or Channel 17 (Spectrum).
Tom Jakway, Chair
Robert Rotman, Vice Chair
Dan Thompson, Alternate
David A. Newell, AICP, Principal Planner
Noriko Kikuchi, Associate Planner
Rick Minjares, Engineering Associate
Glenn Mlaker, AICP, Associate Planner
Alex Perez, Assistant Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Thursday, May 14, 2020.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: APRIL 20, 2020
2. ROOSEVELT LP, FOR A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AND A MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 3,452-SQUARE FOOT DRIVE-THRU RESTAURANT AND RETAIL STORE ON A VACANT PAD SITE AT THE SUNRISE SQUARE SHOPPING CENTER LOCATED AT 1755 NORTH SUNRISE WAY, ZONE CDN, SECTION 1 (CASE 5.1502 CUP & 3.4153 MAJ). (GM)
3. LAS PALMAS MEDICAL PLAZA, FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW FOR A PHASED RENOVATION OF ALL CAMPUS PLANTER AREAS INCLUDING THE PARKING LOT LOCATED AT 555 EAST TACHEVAH DRIVE, ZONE PD 72, SECTION 11 (CASE NO. 3.0094 MAA). (GM)
Item 3 - Case 3.0094 MAA- Exhibits part 2
4. MR. NICE GUY, FOR A SIGN PROGRAM APPLICATION, TO INSTALL NEW SIGNAGE ON A MULTI-TENENT BUILDING LOCATED AT 1059 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE C-1, SECTION 10 (CASE 20-001 SP). (AP)
5. PALO FIERRO ESTATES FOR MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPROVAL TO CONVERT 3,600 SQUARE FEET OF THE EXISTING LANDSCAPE AND INSTALL LANDSCAPE LIGHTING ON THE EAST LA VERNE WAY FRONTAGE AT 2082 LAGARTO WAY, ZONE RMHP, SECTION 26 (CASE NO. 3.700 MAA). (NK)
6. HAYWARD CHEESEBOUROUGH II, ON BEHALF OF HARVEST HOUSE OF CANNABIS (HARVEST OF PALM SPRINGS), FOR MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPROVAL TO PAINT THE PRIMARY ELEVATION AND INSTALL NEW SIGNAGE AT AN EXISTING CANNABIS DISPENSARY FACILITY LOCATED AT 312 NORTH PALM CANYON DRIVE, ZONE CBD, SECTION 15 (CASE 3.3005 MAA & 20-016 SI). (NK)
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 5:30 pm on Monday, June 15, 2020, City Hall, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.