City of Palm Springs, General Municipal Election
The City of Palm Springs will hold a General Municipal Election on November 5, 2019, for the purpose of electing three City Councilmembers - one each from Districts 1, 2, and 3. This election will begin the first phase of the City's transition to district-based elections. The transition will be fully complete following the November 2020 election when City Councilmembers are elected from Districts 4 and 5. Download our brochure to learn more about the districting process. Download printable maps for District 1 (8.5X11), District 2 (8.5X11), District 3 (8.5X11). Electronic versions of these maps in high resolution/large format maps are available at the City Clerk's Office.
California Elections Code Section 2000, et al., states that every person at least 18 years of age who qualifies under the California Constitution and complies with the Elections Code governing the registration of electors may vote at any election held within the territory within which he or she resides and the election is held.
I own a second home in Palm Springs. Can I vote in the upcoming election?
As mentioned above, a citizen may vote in elections in which he or she resides. California Elections Code Section 349 defines "Residence" for voting purposes means a person's domicile. A domicile of a person is that place in which his or her habitation is fixed, wherein the person has the intention of remaining, and to which, whenever he or she is absent, the person has the intention of returning. At a given time, a person may only have one domicile.
If you determine that your residence is located within the City's limits and you are at least 18 years of age at the time of the election, you are encouraged to verify your voter registration status and/or register to vote.
The City of Palm Springs has regulations regarding the installation of temporary signs, including political campaign signs. Click here to download information regarding the placement of signs in residential, commercial, and industrial zones. Please note that signs are not to be placed in the public right-of-way or public property.
- September 26, 2019: FPPC Form 460, 1st Pre-Election Campaign Statements Due.
- October 7, 2019: First day Vote-By-Mail (VBM) Ballots are issued.
- October 21, 2019: Last day to register to vote.
- October 24, 2019: FPPC Form 460, 2nd Pre-Election Campaign Statements Due.
- November 5, 2019: Election Day!
Roster of Qualified Candidates
The following individuals have qualified to appear on the ballot and provided the following contact information for their candidacy. The order of names is based on the Secretary of State's randomized alphabet and reflect the same order as the will appear on the ballot.
- Michael Shogren: firstname.lastname@example.org, (541) 979-9285
- Les Young: email@example.com; (760) 322-5691
- Scott Myer: firstname.lastname@example.org; (760) 904-0989
- Grace Garner: email@example.com; (760) 831-3818
- Dennis Woods: firstname.lastname@example.org; (760) 459-5722
- Peter J. Maietta: email@example.com; (760) 278-1510
- Adrian Alcantar: firstname.lastname@example.org; (760) 537-7287
- Alan Phillip Pettit: email@example.com; (760) 673-8883
- Michael J. Dilger: firstname.lastname@example.org; (312) 593-4058
- Geoffrey Kors: email@example.com; (760) 678-5677
Click here to download the official Notice of Nominees for Public Office.
Candidate Nomination Documents
Below are the Nomination Documents for City Council candidates.
2019 Campaign Nomination Documents
Open Committee Campaign Disclosure Forms
Below are the open committee campaign disclosure documents. Terminated committee forms may be inspected and duplicated by contacting the City Clerk's Office.
Open Committee Campaign Disclosure Forms
- Adrian Alcantar for Palm Springs City Council, District 2, 2019
- Alan P. Pettit for Palm Springs City Council District 3, 2019
- Christy Holstege for Palm Springs City Council 2017
- Committee to Save Oswitt Canyon
- Dennis Woods for Palm Springs City Council District 2, 2019
- Elect Les Young Palm Springs City Council 2019 District 1
- Elect Michael Shogren Palm Springs City Council 2019 District 1
- Geoff Kors for City Council, District 3, 2019
- Grace Garner for Palm Springs City Council District 1, 2019
- J.R. Roberts for Palm Springs City Council 2015
- Lisa Middleton for Palm Springs City Council 2017
- Management Association of Palm Springs - MAPS PAC
- Michael Joseph Dilger for Palm Springs City Council, District 3, 2019
- Palm Springs Fire Management Association PAC
- Palm Springs Fire Safety Association PAC
- Palm Springs Forward Yes on Measure D 2017
- Palm Springs Police Officers Association Political Action Committee
- Peter Maietta for Palm Springs City Council District 2 - 2019
- Protect Our Neighborhoods
- Robert Moon for Mayor 2015
- Scott Myer for Palm Springs City Council, District 1, 2019
- We Love Palm Springs - No on Measure C
- Non-City Committees - Misc Filings