Last Update - May 4, 2020 12:24 PM
- NEW Restaurants Deliver: Home Meals for Seniors Program: On April 24, 2020 Governor Gavin Newsom announced the new Restaurants Deliver: Home Meals for Seniors (“Restaurants Deliver”) program for individuals at high risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Riverside County, through the Office on Aging, is currently accepting inquiries from the public and businesses interested in participating in the Restaurants Deliver program. Please check the County’s website daily to confirm the status of the program has changed to “Active.”
- If you are a food business and have a delivery system in place, complete the interest form and indicate your delivery area in the "Message" section. Link Here to Interest Form.
- If you are an individual with a high-risk condition, you may review and submit the eligibility form. Link here to eligibility form.
There is no food/grocery shortage
- Grocery stores are not out of food and will not be closing as they are an essential service, but they are readjusting their supply shipments
- Local jurisdictions and grocery stores are establishing product purchase limitations to prevent mass purchasing and supplies will be restocked in the coming days. Anyone witnessing price gouging should file a report to the California Attorney General’s office.
Walgreens - Beginning March 13, 2020, Walgreens is waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions during this evolving situation. There will be free delivery on any purchase on Walgreens.com beginning March 13, 2020 and until further notice, with no minimum purchase required.
CVS - Beginning March 9th, 2020, CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
FREE GROCERY DELIVERY TO SENIORS OVER 65 – Heaven Heights is offering help with grocery shopping and prescription pick up for the next two months to any valley resident over 65.The program is free. They are available 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be reached at 760-469-4999 for help.
Special Grocery Shopping Hours
- During this challenging time, many Greater Palm Springs grocery stores have set aside specific hours for at-risk customers as well as shoppers ages 65 and over. Click the link below to view a list business establishments offering special store hours, delivery services or pick-up options.