Last Update - July 13, 2020 5:25 p.m.
- Restaurants Deliver: Home Meals for Seniors Program Extended: On April 24, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom announced the launch of a first-in-the-nation Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors program, a meal delivery service for senior at high risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance program has authorized a time extension for the Great Plates Delivered program to August 9, 2020
- To get meals, please contact Riverside County (Office on Aging Line): call 800-510-2020, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information: Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors
Participating restaurants in Palm Springs:
- Bongo Johnny's (Saladventure Inc.)
- Chef Tanya's Kitchen (woman owned)
- EIGHT4NINE Restaurant & Lounge
- PS Underground, LLC
Great Plates Delivered has two purposes
- Help seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19 to stay home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals a day, and
- Provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
There is no food/grocery shortage
- Grocery stores are not out of food and will not be closing as they are an essential service, but they are readjusting their supply shipments
- Local jurisdictions and grocery stores are establishing product purchase limitations to prevent mass purchasing and supplies will be restocked in the coming days. Anyone witnessing price gouging should file a report to the California Attorney General’s office.
Walgreens - Beginning March 13, 2020, Walgreens is waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions during this evolving situation. There will be free delivery on any purchase on Walgreens.com beginning March 13, 2020 and until further notice, with no minimum purchase required.
CVS - Beginning March 9th, 2020, CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
FREE GROCERY DELIVERY TO SENIORS OVER 65 – Heaven Heights is offering help with grocery shopping and prescription pick up for the next two months to any valley resident over 65.The program is free. They are available 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be reached at 760-469-4999 for help.
Special Grocery Shopping Hours
- During this challenging time, many Greater Palm Springs grocery stores have set aside specific hours for at-risk customers as well as shoppers ages 65 and over. Click the link below to view a list business establishments offering special store hours, delivery services or pick-up options.