On April 22, 2020 Mayor Geoff Kors announced the formation of the newly created Palm Springs Business Transition and Re-Entry Task Force to help plan for a safe and successful recovery once the State eases precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Task Force brings together a diverse group, comprised of representatives of business, tourism and hospitality leaders from throughout Palm Springs.
Task Force Members
City Council Liaisons
- Mayor Geoff Kors
- Mayor pro tem Christy Holstege
- Celeste Brackley, Palm Springs Hospitality Association
- Patricia Breslin, Palm Springs Bar & Restaurant Association
- Aftab Dada, Chairman of P.S. Resorts
- Ron de Harte,Community Leadership Council
- Jim Franklin, Palm Springs Regional Association of Realtors
- Michael Green, Palm Springs Small Hotel Tourism Business Improvement District
- Jeff Grubbe, Tribal Chairman Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
- Rob Hampton, General Manager, Palm Springs Convention Center and Bureau of Tourism
- Bruce Hoban, Vacation Rental Owners and Neighbors of Palm Springs
- Dean Levine, Arenas District Merchants Association
- Harold Matzner, Chairman Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Joy Meredith, Main Street Palm Springs
- David Powell, Desert Business Association
- David H. Ready, Palm Springs City Manager
- Patrick Service, General Manager of Las Casuelas Terraza, representing Palm Springs Restaurant Association
- Jay Virata, Palm Springs Director of Community & Economic Development
- Joe Wallace, CEO of the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership
- Nona Watson, CEO of the Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Scott White, CEO of the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Click HERE to review COVID-19 guidelines for Restaurants
- Click HERE for restaurant application information for temporary outdoor dining areas
- Click HERE to review COVID-19 guidelines for retailers.
- Click HERE to review COVID-19 guidelines for hair salons and barber shops.
- CVB COVID-19 Response/Recovery Overview PowerPoint - Link here
- Palm Springs Convention Center & Bureau of Toursim Activity Update PowerPoint - Link here
- Mayor Geoff Kors and Assemblyman Chad Mayes Virtual Online Town Hall Webinar for Businesses Impacted by COVID 19 PowerPoint - Link here to PowerPoint | Link here to Webinar Recording
- This special virtual "Palm Springs Town Hall" provides information regarding business survival and recovery planning, information for local restaurateurs about how to sign up and participate in Riverside County's new senior meal program; and business loss insurance and claim information.