The City of Palm Springs established the Public Arts Commission in 1988. This seven member Commission is responsible for procuring and placing visual art in and around the city of Palm Springs. Members are appointed by the City Council, to serve at the pleasure of the Council and the Commission currently meets at 5:30 P.M. the third Wednesday of each month (except August or otherwise noted or amended) at Palm Springs City Hall, Large Conference Room, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA.
- Ann Sheffer, Chair (Term Expires: 06-30-21)
- Tracy Merrigan, Vice Chair (Term Expires: 06-30-20)
- Russell Pritchard (Term Expires: 06-30-20)
- Mara Gladstone (Term Expires: 06-30-21)
- Alfonso Murray (Term Expires: 06-30-21)
- Thomas Yanni (Term Expires: 06-30-21)
- Shawnda Faveau (Term Expires: 06-30-22)
Contact the Commission
For more information about the Public Arts Commission please contact their Staff Liaison:
Jay Virata, Director of Community & Economic Development (760) 323-8228
Meeting & Agenda Translations:
Meeting agendas and minutes will be translated into Spanish upon request / Las agendas y las actas de las reuniones se traducirán al español previa solicitud.
You can receive email notification of upcoming meetings and other events by subscribing to the City of Palm Springs e-notification service.
To subscribe, please click here.