Welcome Palm Springs residents! This page contains various types of upcoming training and volunteer opportunities throughout the valley to help us be a more prepared community.
* Amateur / Ham Radio Operator classes available in Cathedral City January 8, 15, 22, 29 and February 5, 12, 19, 26. Cost will be under $30 including book and exam. Contact Maureen (K6BSC) or Stormy (KF6BM) at (760) 861-9778 or by e-mail.
* Cultural Humility in Disasters: February 5 from 10AM-4PM. Improve your capacity to assist others in a disaster with a focus on diversity. Training will be at the Palm Springs Fire Training Center. Seating is limited to 60 participants. Register HERE!
* CERT 20 hour certification course February 7-9 at the Palm Springs Fire Training Center. For more details, please click on the CERT link on the left. There are only 2 seats left.
* CERT 20 hour certification course February 21-23 at Mountain Vista Golf Clubhouse in Palm Desert. For more information, click HERE.
* Earthquake preparedness training - "Secrets to survive the big one." February 26 from 530PM to 7PM. Free seminar with champagne reception at the Rancho Mirage Library. For more information or details, call (760) 341-7323.
* CERT 20 hour certification course February 28 - March 1 at the Indian Wells City Hall. For more information, click HERE.
* CERT 20 hour certification course March 6&7 at the City of Indio Emergency Operations Center. For more information, click HERE.
Office: (760) 323-8181
Monday through Thursday
8:00am to 12:00pm / 1:00pm to 6:00pm.
Thank you for taking the time to help better prepare yourself and your Community.