The Measure J Oversight Commission consists of nine (9) members, plus two (2) alternate members appointed by the City Council. The Commission typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. The Commission was created to review and make recommendations to the City Council on the use of funds generated by the implementation of Measure "J," a 1% transactions, sales, and use tax. The Finance Department provides staff support, (760) 323-8229.
You may view past meeting videos on the City's YouTube page.
- Jeffrey Bernstein, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Sid Craig, Vice-Chair (Term expires December 31, 2020
- Linda Futterer, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Jim Gazan, Chair (Term expires December 31, 2020)
- David Gray, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2020)
- Francis LaBranche, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Dan Lass, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Brian Robin, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Naomi Soto, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Nancy Pauley, Director of Finance Director & Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (760) 322-8229
Meeting & Agenda Translations & Interpreters:
Meeting agendas and minutes will be translated into Spanish upon request. If you require the assistance of a Spanish or American Sign Language interpreter to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office at least 48 hours prior to the meetings.
A pedido las agendas y los minutos de las reuniones se pueden traducir al Español. Si necisita la asistencia de un intérprete en Español o en Lenguaje De Señas para participar en la reunion, comuníquese con la Oficina del Secretario de la Ciudad al menos 48 horas antes de las reuniones.
Want to Serve on a City Board or Commission?
If you are interested in serving on any of the City's Boards or Commissions, click here to learn more about the appointment process and to complete the online application.
You can receive email notification of upcoming meetings and other events by subscribing to the City of Palm Springs e-notification service.
To subscribe, please click here.
Measure J Oversight Commission Meeting Agendas - 2020
March 19, 2020: Notice of Cancellation
Measure J Oversight Commission Meeting Agendas - 2019
August 2019: No Meeting
July 2019: No Meeting
Measure J Oversight Commission Meeting Agendas - 2018
October 31, 2018: Regular Meeting - Agenda / Related Materials / Minutes
August 2018: No Meeting
July 2018: No Meeting
May 2, 2018: Joint Meeting with the City Council - Agenda