Passport application processing is available at the main branch of the Palm Springs Public Library by appointment only.
To process your application, a completed passport application is needed as well as:
- A certified birth certificate (abstract birth certificates are not accepted)
- A Certificate of Naturalization or a previous U.S. Passport
- A government issued photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID card or Military ID)
- A passport photo taken within the last 6 months must accompany your application (photo service is available at the library for a fee)
- Applicants under 16 years of age require the consent of both parents
Please visit the Palm Springs Public Library online passport scheduling system to make your passport application appointment.
All submitted forms must be single sided, filled out in black ink and be unsigned.
- Monday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Passport services are not offered on days the Palm Springs Public Library is closed.Back to Top
- Passport fees are set by the U.S. State Department. Only a check or money order can be accepted as payment for passport fees. For each application, bring:
- One check or money order made out to the U.S. State Department to pay for passport fees
- Cash, debit card, or credit card for the $35 execution fee and $15 photo fee (if applicable)
- You may be able to renew your passport by mail. Visit the Department of State Passport Renewal website for guidelines.
- Ages 0 to 15: Both parents must be present with the child.
- Ages 16 and 17: One parent must be present with the child.
- Most passports arrive within 6 to 8 weeks or, for an additional $60, you may request expedited service to receive your passport in 2 to 3 weeks. For the most up to date information on processing times visit the State Department's website.
Travelers departing within two weeks must make an appointment with a Passport Agency via the State Department's online passport appointment system or by phone at (877) 487-2778. The closest Passport Agencies to Palm Springs, CA are in Los Angeles and San Diego.
- The Library offers passport photo services for U.S. Passports for $15. You may bring official 2" x 2" passport photos from other passport photo providers. The Library is only able to provide passport photo services that meet the same requirements as U.S. Passports.
- The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.
For more information about passport cards, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- Visit the Department of State Change or Correct Passport website for guidelines specific to your situation.
- A valid photo ID is required. Abstracts of Birth are not accepted for passport applications.
Riverside County (Palm Desert Office) 38-686 El Cerrito Road
Palm Desert, CA 92211
This location is for Riverside County births only.
- Order an official copy of your American government-issued birth certificate online.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for routine service and 2 to 3 weeks for expedited service. To check the status of your application, visit the Department of State Application Status website, or call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
If your plans change while you are waiting for your passport, you must contact the National Passport Information Center for assistance. The Library is unable to offer additional assistance once your application is processed.
- The Palm Springs Public Library does not offer Notary services. Some banks and credit unions offer free notary services to their customers. Various businesses in the City of Palm Springs provide notary services for a fee.
- Visit the Passport Facility Search Page to find alternate locations.
- Visit the Department of State Passport Information website, or call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.