The Architectural Advisory Committee (AAC) is composed of seven (7) members and one (1) alternate member appointed by the Planning Commission. The AAC typically holds regular meetings at 5:30 pm on the first and third Monday of each month to review and make recommendations on building and landscape design to the Planning Commission, City Council and City staff.
- Tom Jakway, Chair (Term expires June 30, 2020)
- Robert Rotman, Vice Chair (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Tom Doczi (Term expires June 30, 2020)
- Sean Lockyer (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- John McCoy (Term expires June 30, 2020)
- Stephen Poehlein (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- John Walsh (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Dan Thompson, Alternate Member (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- David A. Newell, AICP, Principal Planner; (760) 323-8245
Meeting & Agenda Translations & Interpreters:
Meeting agendas and minutes will be translated into Spanish upon request. If you require the assistance of a Spanish or American Sign Language interpreter to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office at least 48 hours prior to the meetings.
A pedido las agendas y los minutos de las reuniones se pueden traducir al Español. Si necisita la asistencia de un intérprete en Español o en Lenguaje De Señas para participar en la reunion, comuníquese con la Oficina del Secretario de la Ciudad al menos 48 horas antes de las reuniones.
Want to Serve on a City Board or Commission?
If you are interested in serving on any of the City's Boards or Commissions, click here to learn more about the appointment process and to complete the online application.
You can receive email notification of upcoming meetings and other events by subscribing to the City of Palm Springs e-notification service.
To subscribe, please click here.
- Architectural Advisory Committee Agendas
- 2020 Public Meeting Schedule
- Architectural Advisory Committee Rules of Procedure