The Planning Commission consists of seven (7) members appointed by the City Council. The Commission typically meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall. The Planning Commission reviews applications for development within the City and makes recommendations on land use, zoning and General Plan policies to the City Council in a public forum to ensure the community can provide input. Most of the Commission's decisions are final, unless appealed to the City Council.
Planning Commission Members:
- Kathy Weremiuk, Chair (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Peter Moruzzi, Vice Chair (Term expires December 30, 2020)
- Doug Donenfeld (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Charlie Ervin, Jr. (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Michael Hirschbein (Term expires December 30, 2020)
- Paul Lewin (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Maria Song (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services; (760) 323-8245
Meeting & Agenda Translations & Interpreters:
Meeting agendas and minutes will be translated into Spanish upon request. If you require the assistance of a Spanish or American Sign Language interpreter to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office at least 48 hours prior to the meetings.
A pedido las agendas y los minutos de las reuniones se pueden traducir al Español. Si necisita la asistencia de un intérprete en Español o en Lenguaje De Señas para participar en la reunion, comuníquese con la Oficina del Secretario de la Ciudad al menos 48 horas antes de las reuniones.
Want to Serve on a City Board or Commission?
If you are interested in serving on any of the City's Boards or Commissions, click here to learn more about the appointment process and to complete the online application.
You can receive email notification of upcoming meetings and other events by subscribing to the City of Palm Springs e-notification service.
To subscribe, please click here.
Recent Meetings Action Summaries: