Project updates and the latest construction information are posted here:
Who: The City has hired Belco Elecnor Group as the contractor for this project.
What: This project includes converting the one way section of Indian Canyon Drive between Camino Parocela to Alejo Road to two way traffic.
- This involves converting one lane to southbound traffic, one lane will be used as a center turning lane, and maintaining two northbound lanes for traffic.
- Parking will remain on both sides of the street, and the parking on the west side of the street will now face southbound.
- This project also includes new traffic signals for the revised traffic pattern and upgrades the traffic signals between Alejo Road and Tachevah Drive so that the corridor can be interconnected for better flow of traffic.
- Sidewalks at most of the intersections corners will be bumped out for better visibility of pedestrian who are waiting to cross the street as well as give more elbow room while they wait for the signal to change during peak seasons. This also has the benefit shortening the crossing distance for pedestrians and allows for smoother corner ramp transitions from the road to the sidewalks.
When: The contractor began construction of this phase in May 2019 and the project is schedule to be complete by the end of this year.
Where: Indian Canyon Drive from Camino Parocela to Tachevah Drive.
Questions, Comments & Concerns: If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns regarding this project, please call the project voicemail at (760) 961-5142. When you call please leave in your message:
- your name
- the location of concern
- a way we can contact you (phone or email)
All calls will be logged in and tracked for response, and all calls will be responded to within 24 hours.
This project is funded by the State of California Road Repair and Accountability Act Funds (SB1), the Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG) and the City's Measure J Funds.