VACATION RENTAL ORDINANCE 2.0 DRAFT
The Vacation Rental Ordinance 2.0 draft is being updated and will be available soon.
*STAKEHOLDER MEETING DATES*
- November 12, 2019 425 N Civic Drive, Palm Springs - 4:00 PM
- February 11, 2020 425 N Civic Drive, Palm Springs - 4:00 PM
- May 12. 2020 425 N Civic Drive, Palm Springs - 4:00 PM
Everyone in our community is a Stakeholder and is welcome to attend. We are pleased with the great turnout at the Stakeholder meetings, and all of the collaboration. Thank you!
Vacation Rental And Homeshare Monthly
On June 5, 2019, The City Council of the City of Palm Springs adopted Resolution No. 24622 modifying certain user fees and charges. Specifically for Vacation Rental and Homeshares, the following fees will be effective on July 5, 2019:
- Vacation Rental - New Registration Fee - $944.00
- Vacation Rental - Annual Renewal Fee - $944.00
- Homeshare - New Registration Fee - $236.00
- Homeshare - Annual Renewal Fee - $236.00
- Land Use Permit (LUP) Fee for Estate Homes - $410.00
- Administrative Appeals Board - Appeal Fee - $802.00
Click Here for Copy of the Fee Increase Letter
VACATION RENTAL HOTLINE 24/7
If you need to report an active complaint about a Vacation Rental/Homeshare or event house in your neighborhood, please call:
- Call during the event
- Please do not call the Police in a non emergency situation
- Provide Vacation Rental property address
- Describe the disturbance
- Allowing access to your yard will help us witness any violation
- Let us know if you want a call back with a resolution
Guests need to be good neighbors - to see the Good Neighbor Brochure they receive, click here
Important Vacation Rental/Homeshare Information
(Please Note: Your City ID # is different than your TOT # - TOT # is used for reporting and paying Transient Occupancy Taxes)
There is no outside amplified noise (i.e., music) allowed at any Vacation Rental or Homeshare property while being rented. Music must be fully contained within the property at all times.
Parking - Total vehicles allowed is based on number of bedrooms at a rental property; anytime of day. See the chart below. Vehicles are allowed to be parked in the garage, driveway or on the street. Vehicles may not block driveways or mailboxes.
Occupancy and parking -Limits are based on the number of bedrooms at property. (2 children age 12 or under are permitted as well and are in addition to Total Overnight Occupants listed in the chart below).