Sign up HERE to register for emergency alerts from the City of Palm Springs! You'll receive everything from street closures to weather related incidents

Closing a VR Certificate

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Closing a Vacation Rental or Homeshare Registration Certificate:

This form is required to be submitted by the owner in order to close a Vacation Rental/Homeshare property TOT permit and Registration Certificate.  


What to do if a property with a current Registration Certificate is being sold:

The new owner must apply for a Vacation Rental or Homeshare Registration Certificate with a new application.  Applications must be complete (except in this case for closing escrow documents that need to be provided immediately upon closing).  Application fees are not refundable, even if the sale does not go through.  Typical lead time for processing an application is 45 days so please ensure this is communicated to all parties including the new owner; advertising or operating without a Registration Certificate is prohibited.  It is not the responsibility of the Vacation Rental Compliance Department to address prior or pending bookings during the new application process.

The selling owner must complete the Close Out Form.