Sign up HERE to register for emergency alerts from the City of Palm Springs! You'll receive everything from street closures to weather related incidents

Vacation Rental TOT Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Transient Occupancy Tax  (TOT) Information

A TOT form must be filed monthly for all Vacation Rental and Homeshare Properties.  Please file with the Palm Springs Finance Department located in City Hall.

If you had no guests in any filing period, a TOT form is still timely due with a “0” balance.

Be advised, if you fail to file a TOT form as required, the penalty is 10% of the TOT amount due or $50.00 whichever is greater, and interest will apply. 

Prior to operating a Vacation Rental or Home-share Property, please familiarize yourself with the Palm Springs Municipal Code (PSMC) 3.24 governing TOT.

Please note:  Your TOT # is different than your City ID # - It is your TOT # that is required for reporting and payment of Transient Occupancy Taxes.

For questions related to TOT, please contact:  Shantel Sterling at or phone #760-323-8226. 

 TOT Resources: