The Public Arts Commission consists of seven (7) members appointed by the City Council. The Commission typically meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. This Commission is responsible for procuring and placing visual art in and around the city of Palm Springs. The Community and Economic Development Department provides staff support, (760) 323-8259.
- Shawnda Thomas Faveau, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2022)
- Mara Gladstone, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Tracy Merrigan, Vice Chair (Term expires December 30, 2020)
- Alfonso Murray Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Russell Pritchard, Commissioner (Term expires December 30, 2020)
- Ann Sheffer, Chair (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Thomas Yanni, Commissioner (Term expires June 30, 2021)
- Jay Virata, Community and Economic Development Director, (760) 323-8259
Meeting & Agenda Translations & Interpreters:
Meeting agendas and minutes will be translated into Spanish upon request. If you require the assistance of a Spanish or American Sign Language interpreter to participate in the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office at least 48 hours prior to the meetings.
A pedido las agendas y los minutos de las reuniones se pueden traducir al Español. Si necisita la asistencia de un intérprete en Español o en Lenguaje De Señas para participar en la reunion, comuníquese con la Oficina del Secretario de la Ciudad al menos 48 horas antes de las reuniones.
Want to Serve on a City Board or Commission?
If you are interested in serving on any of the City's Boards or Commissions, click here to learn more about the appointment process and to complete the online application.
You can receive email notification of upcoming meetings and other events by subscribing to the City of Palm Springs e-notification service.
To subscribe, please click here.